Monday, January 16, 2017

Year Beginning Letter

This semester, I hope to race Paris-Roubaix. To do this, I will need to train my time trial position and racing skills. I will need to perform exceptionally well at Valley of the Sun Stage Race in February. I will need to be a great teammate and supportive of my family and team and sponsors. This is important to me because it's a goal I've wanted to achieve for a while now. I've wanted to race Paris Roubaix, a classic, against some of the best juniors in the world becaue it would really sum up my junior career as a grand racing experience. 
In the next 5 years, I hope to have had a successful college experience. To do this, I'll need to go to a college that offers a lot of opportunities, both educational and recreational. Another part in making this experience successful is getting to stay with my girlfriend. A successful college experience for me is to really come to terms with what I want to make out of my life. This will be so vital for me as a person because I will find a direction in life and a sense of happiness in achieving that direction. That long term direction. 
In the next 10 years, I hope to still be doing all that I love to do. I know that many pressures start adding up the older you get, but I wish to still be able to balance it all and still have time to do the little things. To do this, I must remember that I am the only one who can choose what I really want to do in life, and if my job doesn't aid that, I probably need to find another one. This is important to me because I believe keeping the little things that bring joy throughout life will really add up and make me a better person as a whole, both mentally/spiritually and physically. Some of those things include riding my bike and playing my trumpet because those things make me happy. I hope to continue those little things throughout my life because I think it's important to remember that life is a collection of experiences, not a destination with an end goal. To me, happiness comes from fulfilling a set of core values every day, and one of my personal core values is continuing what  I love to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment