Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Moral Dillema

When I had this moral dillema, I chose what I believe now was the right choice. There were two very heavy options that had so many expectations of me and I had to choose one over the other. This impacted me greatly because I decided a path in my life I wish to go down. I felt initial guilt on letting one party down, but feel very relieved that it is settled. I chose not to abide by a contract that I had signed earlier in the year because there was another conflict that I had not foreseen and was also expected to do.

As far as the questions go, this helped me answer what I did then and consider what I would do now. At the time, I chose the unethical way that broke a promise to a group and led me to come by an easier path (that was ok with both groups, just technically unethical). In retrospect, I think I still would've have chosen the same thing. It was a very hard choice but I talked it out with both groups and came to my decision based on their responses and admittable leeway. And as far as the balance goes, I actually could have done both events.. barely; I would not have done my absolute best in both if I had done both however and would probably end up letting down both groups to some degree. I learned from this that sometimes you just can't (or don't want to/shouldn't) spread yourself too thin. This decision has helped me become more decisive as a person in general because it's led me down a path that defines my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment